The best and most affordable marine biology text is here! The Eleventh Edition of Introduction to the Biology of Marine Life inspires students to appreciate marine life and ocean ecosystems and elucidates the importance of learning about marine biology. Assuming no prior knowledge of the subject, this entertaining text covers the essentials to a foundational understanding of marine organisms and their environments. The conversational writing style, latest research, and engaging features are designed to intrigue students, while the new Case Studies encourage them to apply their knowledge to current and real-life situations. Introduction to the Biology of Marine Life is the clear choice for students diving into this exciting science.
See what's new to the 11th Edition:
- NEW chapter, Polar Seas, provides an introduction to the polar environment followed by coverage of various polar organisms, how they are affected by their environment, and the effects of climate change
- NEW chapter, Physical and Chemical Oceanography, covers various basic oceanographic topics such as tides, waves, and circulation to help students better understand how these affect marine life
- NEW Did You Know? boxes highlight a fascinating aspect of marine life, offering students information on contemporary events and discoveries
- Research in Progress feature offers the latest statistics and modern examples of the current work and findings of marine biologists
- NEW Case Studies in every chapter highlight various marine organisms and encourage knowledge application
- More than 450 NEW and revised high-quality photos and carefully rendered illustrations help support visual learners, clarify key concepts, and enhance the student reading experience
- Thoroughly updated with the latest information and research
- Learning objectives, key terms, and a list of key genera have been added to each chapter
To meet the needs of instructors with a lab component to their marine biology course, we have the perfect marine biology lab manual. Now in full color, Laboratory and Field Investigations in Marine Life is a unique marine biology laboratory and field manual that engages students in the excitement and challenges of understanding marine organisms and the environments in which they live. With activities designed to encourage students to develop their own powers of critical observation and analysis, students will benefit from a thorough examination of topics such as the physical and chemical properties of seawater, marine microbes, algae, and a wide variety of invertebrate and vertebrate animals. The new, more convenient spiral binding allows the manual to lay flat on lab tables while students work, and they can easily tear out pages to submit for a grade.