Ethics are, without question, an essential component of nursing practice. For instance, the American Nurses Association deemed 2015 as the “Year of Ethics.” In addition, Gallop continually finds that the public sees nursing as the most honest and ethical profession.
Now our highly regarded Nursing Ethics: Across the Curriculum and Into Practice, Fourth Edition by Janie B. Butts and Karen L. Rich has received a 5-star review. Debra Gorman-Badar, BS, MA, from Saint Louis University, writing for Doody's Review Service, assesses that it,
“…will help stimulate the moral imaginations of nursing students and professional nurses so that they are able to recognize ethical issues and…apply analytical skills in ethical decision making.”
Written to help prepare students and professionals for the moral issues they will encounter in nursing practice, the completely updated and revised Fourth Edition reflects the evolution of nursing ethics within heath care.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Coverage of the 2015 American Nurses Association’s Code of Ethics with Interpretative Statements
- New case studies and activities throughout each chapter
- Boxed features highlight research notes, legal perspectives, and ethical reflections
- Expanded content on the ethical competencies of nurses
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools