Terrific news to share-- Leadership in Nursing Practice: Changing the Landscape of Health Care, Second Edition by Tim Porter-O’Grady and Kathy Malloch just received a perfect score of 100 and 5 stars from Doody's Review Service.
According to Cynthia Lee Cummings, RN, MSN, EdD, University of North Florida Brooks College of Health, for Doody's Review Service,
"I love this book. It is full of wonderful information about the current healthcare environment and it has many resources for instructors. All healthcare leaders should have this book!"
Anchored in a sense of nursing as a professional practice discipline, the Second Edition engages the reader in discussions about teamwork, leadership, staffing, and a variety of other related topics. It also serves as a bridge between the student and the leader by providing theory and evidence for real-world scenarios that students can put into practice. Unlike other leadership and management texts, the authors emphasize the importance of every nurse as a leader.
New to the Second Edition:
- Updated references for each chapter including journal articles, books, websites, and videos
- Integration of the national Quality Matters Standards
- Chapter scenarios and discussion questions
- Discussion around the shared governance at the point of service in decision-making
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools
Can't wait to learn more? Visit or our website.