Keep Current with New, Emerging Therapies and Nursing Implications
New oncology drugs and therapies are approved by the FDA and hitting the market every year. It's critical for medical professionals, specifically oncologists and nurse oncologists, to be up to date on these new cancer drugs and treatments. That's where we can help.
Written by experienced nurse oncologists, the recently published 2020-2021 Oncology Nursing Drug Handbook uniquely expresses drug therapy in terms of the nursing process: nursing diagnoses, etiologies of toxicities, and key points for nursing assessment, intervention, and evaluation. It provides valuable information on effective symptom management, patient education, and chemotherapy administration.
At 2,000 pages, the 2020-2021 Oncology Nursing Drug Handbook is a valuable reference for the office or clinic but can be cumbersome to carry while meeting with patients. This is why we created the mobile app version. Easily take the indispensable content of the printed handbook wherever you go with the convenient and easy-to-use app for Android and iPhone and iPad.
Updated annually, the Oncology Nursing Drug App provides:
- New drugs added to the print book and their indications, updated indications and side effects for recent FDA approved drugs, and information about immunotherapy
- Drug therapy in terms of the nursing process: nursing diagnoses, etiologies of toxicities, and key points for nursing assessment, intervention, and evaluation
- Valuable information on effective symptom management, patient education, and chemotherapy administration
- Separate sections on molecular and immunologic/biologic targeted therapies that provide fundamental reviews to assist nurses in understanding the cellular communication pathways disrupted by cancer
- Simplified content and attention to understanding the immune checkpoint inhibitors