The calendar may say 2012, but we've just published our 2013 Nurse’s Drug Handbook. Updated annually, it provides:
A new and updated version of this best-selling resource!
Jones and Bartlett Learning 2012 Nurse’s Drug Handbook is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference.
Updated annually, it provides:
- Accurate, timely facts on hundreds of drugs from abacavir sulfate to Zyvox
- Concise, consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically
- No-nonsense writing style that speaks your language in terms you use everyday
- Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names for quick reference
- Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule
- Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
- Incompatibilities, contraindications; interactions with drugs, food, and activities; and adverse reactions
- Nursing considerations, including key patient-teaching points
- Vital features include mechanism-of-action illustrations showing how drugs at the cellular, tissue, or organ levels and dosage adjustments help individualize care for elderly patients, patients with renal impairment, and others with special needs
- Warnings and precautions that keep you informed and alert