Accurately and safely prescribing drugs for common diseases and disorders is vital for advanced practice nurses. That's what makes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Nursing Practice by Tammie Lee Demler and Jacqueline Rhoads so timely. Reflecting the latest research on how each drug works in the body, it provides guidance on drug selection, considerations for special populations, therapeutic drug monitoring, adverse reactions, drug-to-drug interactions, and processes for adding or changing drug therapy.
2012 Nurse's Drug Handbook Mobile Version, Eleventh Edition
ISBN-13: 9781449665319 | © 2012
To order, visit Skyscape.
Access your drug handbook anywhere, any time!
A new and updated version of this best-selling resource. This latest update is based on the 2012 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Wondering if we have the version you need? Our mobile version works with :
- iPhone, iPod touch, iPad™ 3.0 or higher
- Palm OS® 3.5 or higher
- Windows Mobile® Pocket PC [all versions]
- Windows Mobile® Smartphone,Windows® 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista/Tablet PC
Jones and Bartlett Learning 2012 Nurse's Drug Handbook Mobile Version is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference.
Chronic Illness: Impact and Intervention, Seventh Edition
Pamala D. Larsen, PhD, CRRN, FNGNA, Associate Dean and Professor, Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
Ilene Morof Lubkin, RN, MS, GNP, California State University, California
Print ISBN-13: 9780763796068 | Ebook ISBN: 9781449605162 | © 2009
Topics: AJN, chronic, illness, Impact, intervention, managed care, management, Medication, medication, New Edition, new edition, Nurse Practitioner, nursing, nursing care, nursing practice, nursing practice
Pharmacology for Nurse Anesthesiology
Richard G. Ouellette, CRNA, MEd, Moses Cone Health Care Systems, Wesley Long Community Hospital, Greensboro, North Carolina
Joseph A. Joyce, CRNA, BS, Moses Cone Health System, Wesley Long Community Hospital, Greensboro, North Carolina
Print ISBN-13: 9780763786076 | Ebook ISBN 9781449651312 | © 2011
All of the vital information in the Nurse Anesthesia Pocket Guide is now available in PDA format!
Keep up to date with information on:
- The anesthesia machine, CO2 absorption, capnography, BIS and TOF monitoring and positioning/nerve damage information
- Jet ventilation, double-lumen endobronchial tubes, difficult airway algorhythm, blood and IVF; formulas and conversion charts (temperature, kg, BMI) with IV and drug calculations (easy conversions of ratio to mg/ml, % to mg/ml, % solution in dilution)
- All anesthesia agents: MAC chart with volatile agents and physiologic response listed per system; induction, sedation, narcotic, muscle relaxants and all reversal information (with analgesia/amnesia/histamine response); antiemetics, alpha-beta agonists and antagonists, common adrenergic, antihypertensive and antiarrhythmic agents, including common antibiotic regiments and herbals
- Pediatric inhalation, anesthetic, IVF/Blood charts along with general and code guidelines; obstetrical L&D drugs and OB disease states; Ester and Amide local anesthetic charts; Spinal, Epidural and Caudal procedures and drugs; common Peripheral Nerve Block procedures and drugs; 2005 AHA code guidelines, heart valve disorders with volume and BP treatments; arterial, PA, CVP insertion and waveform; heart chamber info; subclavian/external jugular insertion info; and Pulmonary topics such as Gas embolism diagnosis and treatment, V-Q ratios, PFT’s, respiratory formulas.
A new and updated version of this best-selling resource!
Jones and Bartlett Learning 2012 Nurse’s Drug Handbook is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference.
Updated annually, it provides:
- Accurate, timely facts on hundreds of drugs from abacavir sulfate to Zyvox
- Concise, consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically
- No-nonsense writing style that speaks your language in terms you use everyday
- Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names for quick reference
- Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule
- Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
- Incompatibilities, contraindications; interactions with drugs, food, and activities; and adverse reactions
- Nursing considerations, including key patient-teaching points
- Vital features include mechanism-of-action illustrations showing how drugs at the cellular, tissue, or organ levels and dosage adjustments help individualize care for elderly patients, patients with renal impairment, and others with special needs
- Warnings and precautions that keep you informed and alert
Sudha C. Patel, RN, BSN, MN, MA, DNS, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Kim A. Jakopac, RN, ASN, BSN, MSN, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
ISBN-13: 978-1-4496-1356-3 | Paperback | 544 Pages | © 2012
Manual of Psychiatric Nursing Skills guides nursing students and practicing nurses towards enhancing fundamental psychiatric nursing skills competency in specific assessment and interventions for the selected psychiatric disorders. A nursing skill book in a manual format, this text is handy at the clinical site and encourages readers to translate their theoretical knowledge and psychiatric nursing skills into clinical practice.