In the new edition of Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals: Advocacy and Action, authors Donna M. Nickitas, Donna J. Middaugh, and Veronica Feeg bring their well-honed vision of how to understand and influence health policy. With a focus on relevant and contemporary issues, the text discusses how healthcare professionals can prepare themselves to engage in the economic, political, and policy dimensions of health care.
Read What Instructors Have to Say:
"I currently teach a course on Health Care Organization and Policy, and I am looking forward to using many of the case studies to spark discussions within the class. It it important to develop an understanding of policy and advocacy in students as they move into leadership positions within the profession." - Denise Walsh, PhD, RN, FAAN
"This text captures changes in health policy, insurers, and population health, and affords readers a snapshot of the current milieu through the use of expert history reporting, storytelling, and powerful case studies. Even after reactive decisions influence and alter the course of current policy, this text will continue to be relevant and provide a primer on how to navigate this ever-changing environment." - Patricia Eckhardt, PhD, RN
- Case studies close the gap in understanding how policy and politics impact health systems
- Updated content on the Affordable Care Act
- New chapter on Enhanced Primary Care Roles
- New chapter on Health Information Technology and the Intersection of Health Policy
- New chapter on Political Power of Nurses: Harnessing Our Values & Voices
Want to learn more? Just visit our website.