In an outstanding new review for Handbook of Home Health Care Administration, Sixth Edition by Marilyn D. Harris, Home Care Technology Report raves that it is, “…a textbook that should be on the shelf in every branch of every healthcare at home provider."
In fact, the review goes one step further with its praise,
"Let's modify that. It should never be on the shelf but should live on the administrator's or branch manager's desk. In the current edition, which is a comprehensive, 1,000-page tour de force, editor Marilyn D. Harris has assembled a team of over 80 authors to cover, in detail, everything a private duty or certified agency administrator needs to know to be compliant and successful."
Handbook of Home Health Care Administration, Sixth Edition is a comprehensive text that reflects the current state of home health care administration. With contributions from leading experts in the field, it addresses key aspects of home health care, including finance, human resource development, legal and ethical issues, management information systems, marketing, quality management, research, and current technology for patient care.
The Sixth Edition includes seven new chapters:
- Status of Home Health Care: 2015 and Beyond
- The Roles of and Competency Requirements for Paraprofessionals
- Disaster Preparedness
- Pediatric Home Care
- Beyond Medicare-Certified Home Health Services: An Overview of Other Types of Home Care Services
- Expanding Your Performance Improvement Program: Using Process and Other Measures to Improve Care
- ADRs, CERTs, RACs, SMRCs, ZPICs, and Other External Audits