Great news to share-- Health Sciences Literature Review Made Easy: The Matrix Method, Fourth Edition by Judith Garrard was recently reviewed in Qualitative Health Research. According to the review it,
“…provides a comprehensive and structured basis to locate and evaluate health sciences literature. This is especially useful to the qualitative researcher who conducts comprehensive qualitative and quantitative reviews to synthesize existing research on a given topic. This new edition of the book brings additional digital tools, resources, and online access to a companion website that engages the learner in interactive video clips, self-graded quizzes, and resources. Garrard has made a good resource book even better.”
Health Sciences Literature Review Made Easy: The Matrix Method, Fourth Edition provides students with a solid foundation for evaluating articles and research effectively. It highlights the Matrix Method, the skills necessary to evaluate articles critically, and using Method Maps.
- Data Visualization: A Digital Exploration is an interactive, online appendix
- The Matrix Method teaches the essential skills around literature evaluation
- A real-life scenario case study is woven throughout each chapter to reinforce key concepts
- Completely updated chapter on the guidelines for Methodological Review
- Method Maps are introduced to convey the thought process around designing a research study