We are proud to announce a new webcast: Arrhythmia Recognition: The Art of Education by renowned author Tomas B. Garcia, MD, with Daniel J. Garcia.
This exciting video offers educators valuable discussion on how to teach ECG interpretation to an adult student audience. It includes insights, dynamic graphics, and humor from Dr. Garcia's expertise in the art of teaching 12-lead ECG and rhythm strip interpretation.
This first in a series of webcasts presents 6 individual segments that can be watched as installments at your convenience. Watch it now.
Time: Six installments totaling 2 hours, 53 minutes
Information for submitting questions and comments to Dr. Garcia is available in the presentation.
Table of Contents
- Introduction (14 min)
- Quick overview of the purpose and topics of this webcast, and a discussion of how the staggering increase in medical tools and information has impacted ECG education.
- Part 1: Philosophy (30 min)
- The difference between teaching and educating, interpreting by vector vs pattern, and the question: What is the connection between our place in the universe and teaching ECG interpretation?
- Part 2: National Guidelines (25 min)
- Covers the minimum guidelines various healthcare providers are held accountable to, including those for Paramedics. Demonstrates the importance of knowing more than the required minimum.
- Part 3: Books, Tools, and the Beginner's Perspective (33 min)
- It's a family affair. Guest speaker Daniel Garcia describes his experience as a beginner student of ECG interpretation—with valuable insights that apply for your students. Also outlines ECG textbook criteria for building interpretation skills that stand up in the real world.
- Part 4: Teaching, Tips, and Techniques (36 min)
- Highlights: Some basics of adult learning theory; teaching Millennials; Barney, Tom, and a Nurse; what does poetry have to do with PowerPoint slides; and much more. Warning! Sense of humor required.
- Part 5: Putting It All Together (35 min)
- The series concludes by walking you through the analysis of a rhythm strip in the same classic, thorough A-to-Z step-by-step style that Dr. Garcia is known for in his teaching and in his Art of Interpretation textbook series.
Preview the Introduction now: