Reviews are already coming in for the recently published Health Policy and Politics: A Nurse’s Guide, Fifth Edition by Jeri A. Milstead.
Carole Ann Kenner, PhD, RN, FAAN, The College of New Jersey for Doody's Review Service writes that,
“This edition addresses key issues about the need for nurses to be actively involved in policymaking. It gives good examples of why a nursing background lends itself to public policy.”
Health Policy and Politics: A Nurse’s Guide, Fifth Edition explores the entire health policy process, from agenda setting to policy and program evaluation. It includes expanded information about the breadth and depth of policy making, as well as the impact of social media, economics, finance, and other current topics.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Updated case studies
- New chapter on inter-professional practice, education, and research
- Coverage of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect consumer health care and the organization of the health care system
- Expanded content on economics and finance
- New content on the impact of social media on health care consumers and systems
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools