Over the past decade, advanced practice nursing education has evolved rapidly. That's what makes the just published Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession, Third Edition by Susan M. DeNisco and Anne M. Barker so essential to all levels of graduate nursing preparation.
The Third Edition is a unique compilation of chapters curated into a comprehensive, well-rounded, and current resource for the advanced practice nursing student. The content is framed around the core curriculum of both the MSN and DNP Essentials. Throughout the text, the authors address the rapid changes in the healthcare environment with a special focus on healthcare finance, electronic health records, quality and safety, and emerging roles for the advanced practice nurse.
New to the Third Edition:
- Focus on both direct and indirect provider roles
- Role of the clinical doctorate in advanced practice nursing
- Reimbursement and credentialing issues for nurse practitioners
- Federal and state regulation of advanced practice nursing
- Budgeting and finances for advanced practice
- Electronic health records and clinical informatics
- Continuous quality improvement strategies to optimize clinical practice
- Evidence-based practice and clinical scholarship
- Global health, diversity, and special populations
- Role transition and professional development
Would you like to learn more? Visit our website.