Do you want a fresh approach to teaching nursing research using evidence-based practice? Check out the recently published Evidence-Based Practice for Nurses: Appraisal and Application of Research, Third Edition by Nola A. Schmidt and Janet M. Brown. What's more, each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
"This is the best textbook I've used for undergraduate research in a long time! I love the evidence-based focus." Nursing Research Instructor
For evidence-based practice to be successful, nurses need ready access to research and other evidence for critical appraisal, decision-making, and implementing practice changes. The Third Edition meets these needs through its thoughtful approach to understanding evidence-based practice, condensed chapters for easy reading, real-world case studies, and critical thinking exercises.
What else make the Third Edition unique?
- New chapter on epidemiological designs
- Updated and expanded “Apply What You Have Learned” feature prompts students to find, read, and evaluate current research
- “Keeping It Ethical” section ties relevant ethical issues into each chapter
- Practice questions in every chapter help students test their knowledge as they work through the material
- Chapter objectives, key terms, and critical thinking exercises help guide and focus study