Our recently published Nurse Practitioner's Business Practice and Legal Guide, Fifth Edition by Carolyn Buppert is now available as a CourseSmart eBook.
A must-have resource for every new or current nurse practitioner (NP), it defines what an NP is and does while explaining the legal scope with specific state and federal regulations. Completely updated and revised with essential state-by-state appendices, the Fifth Edition offers expert insights on prescribing, hospital privileges, negligence and malpractice, risk management, health policy, ethics, and measuring NP performance.
Further, it addresses important issues such as:
- Developing an employment relationship
- Undertaking a business venture
- Giving testimony before the state legislature
- Composing a letter to an insurance company about an unpaid bill
- Teaching at a school of nursing
- Serving as president of a state or national organization
Can't wait to learn more? Preview a sample chapter now or visit our website. While you're there, find out more about the Pearson Report, a state-by-state national overview of nurse practitioner legislation and healthcare issues, including rules and regulations, statistics, government policy, and reimbursement information.