Now in its fourth edition, Nurse as Educator: Principles of Teaching and Learning for Nursing Practice by Susan B. Bastable prepares nurse educators, clinical nurse specialists, and nurse practitioners for their ever-increasing role in patient teaching, health education, health promotion, and nursing education.
Ideal for use in both undergraduate and graduate courses, this new edition is updated and revised to include the latest research and data in the field of nurse education. Written in an accessible style that enables students to understand and apply new concepts easily, it also examines the motivational and sociocultural differences that affect teaching and learning.
What else makes this edition special?
- The IOM's new report The Future of Nursing: Leading Change Advancing Health
- New material on how to teach motor skill learning
- National Action Plan around health literacy
- New content on the transgender population
- Updated formulas to measure patient health literacy
- Completely revised chapter on Educating Learners with Disabilities