Did you know that renowned author Catherine Mullahy has written a new edition of the ultimate how-to guide for case managers? The Case Manager’s Handbook, Fifth Edition helps case managers build fundamentals, study for the Certified Case Manager (CCM) exam, and most importantly, advance their careers after the exam.
“…there is truly something special about case managers—and it is something that Catherine celebrates throughout the book. Learn from it. Be inspired by it. Draw pride from it as you practice case management as it should be practiced. Enjoy!” – from the Foreword by Jeanne H. Boling, MSN, CCM, Vice President, Mullahy & Associates, LLC
- Perfect for all professionals in all practice settings in case management
- Uses real-life examples and an easy-to-read, conversational style to examine the case management process while presenting practical procedural information
- Includes access to a Navigate Companion Website with bonus material including objectives, multiple choice questions, and additional appendices
An excellent daily reference and training guide for new case managers and seasoned professionals in various settings, The Case Manager’s Handbook, Fifth Edition is the “go-to” resource for facing the day-to-day challenges of case management, especially as the nation navigates through the many changes introduced by the landmark Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Significantly updated and revised, it contains eight new chapters:
- Hospital Case Management: Changing Roles and Transitions of Care
- Patient Centered Medical Home, ACOs, Health Exchanges
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Public Sector Reimbursement
- Predictive Modeling
- Pain Management
- Health Technology, Trends, and Implications for Case Managers
- The Affordable Care Act of 2010: Implications for Case Managers