The pioneering DNP essentials text is back with a newly published second edition. The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing, Second Edition by Mary Zaccagnini and Kathryn White is modeled after the eight Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Essentials outlined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Each section discusses the materials relevant to an element of the Essentials document and advises on the steps necessary to fulfill the requirements of the degree. Written especially for current DNP students as well as those considering the degree program, the text also serves as a key reference for professionals and those who have already completed a DNP program.
- Greater detail around identifying specific nursing strategies for application and practice
- A revised chapter on informatics that contains newer bedside tools for evidence-based practice (EBP) implementation
- New data on the current health care reforms
- A strong focus on community health
- Expanded chapters on emerging roles and the DNP project