Case managers, this is your week. Celebrated from October 14-20, 2012, National Case Management Week recognizes the important role case management plays in promoting high-quality health care in a variety of environments. This year’s theme is “Patient-Oriented, Outcome-Driven.” According to the Case Management Society of America (CMSA),
“This week long celebration serves to recognize case managers, to educate the public about case management and to increase recognition of the significant contribution of case managers to quality health care for the patient, health care provider, and payer.”
One way to celebrate National Case Management Week is to become a Certified Case Manager (CCM). Administered by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) three times a year in April, August, and December, the CCM exam helps case managers become officially recognized for their experience, scope of practice, and training. According to CCMC,
- Board-certified case managers number more than 30,000 today
- Board-certified case managers live and work in all 50 states and U.S. territories
- More than 35,000 case managers have earned the CCM since 1992
- The percentage of employers who require board-certification is growing, 36% in 2009 vs. 26% in 2004
- More employers offer additional compensation for board-certification, 27% in 2009 vs. 20% in 2004
Jones & Bartlett Learning is committed to helping case managers achieve professional certification and career success. Developed especially for new and re-certifying case managers, A Case Manager’s Study Guide: Preparing for Certification, Fourth Edition by Denise Fattorusso and Campion E. Quinn is the ideal study guide for the CCM exam.
Based on the CCMC six knowledge domains and eight essential activities, A Case Manager’s Study Guide: Preparing for Certification, Fourth Edition addresses new changes passed and legislative updates resulting in significant changes in healthcare and case management. New topics include patient-centered care, readiness to change, evidence-based case management, and management outcomes. Completely updated and revised, it contains nearly 700 questions and comprehensive answer rationales.
Included with the print book is an online Access Code for Navigate TestPrep, a dynamic online assessment tool that offers case-based questions, detailed rationales, and robust reporting.
- Randomized questions create new exams on each attempt
- Monitors results on practice examinations with score tracking and time on each task
- Reporting tools evaluate progress and results on each attempt
For more information, visit http://go.jblearning.com/CCMEXAM.