Do you teach risk management courses? We just published a new edition of Risk Management in Health Care Institutions: Limiting Liability and Enhancing Care by Florence Kavaler and Raymond S. Alexander.
Completely updated and revised, the Third Edition covers the basic concepts of risk management, employment practices, and general risk management strategies, as well as specific risk areas, including medical malpractice, strategies to reduce liability, managing positions, and litigation alternatives.
New to this Edition:
- New chapter on Risk Management for Infection Control Programs
- New chapter on Telemedicine
- New chapter on Risk Management in Ambulatory Care Settings
- New chapter on Risk Management in Office-Based Surgery
- Emphasis on electronic medical records, including security and encryption issues
- Discussion of the impact of health care delivery on academic medical settings