The next Certified Case Manager (CCM) exam is fast approaching. Do you need help studying for it? Jones & Bartlett Learning can help. A Case Manager's Study Guide: Preparing for Certification, Fourth Edition by Denise Fattorusso and Campion E. Quinn is perfect for new and re-certifying case managers.
Based on the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) six knowledge domains and eight essential activities, A Case Manager's Study Guide: Preparing for Certification, Fourth Edition addresses new changes passed and legislative updates resulting in significant changes in healthcare and case management. New topics include patient-centered care, readiness to change, evidence-based case management, and management outcomes. Completely updated and revised, it contains nearly 700 questions and comprehensive answer rationales.
Included with the book is an online Access Code for Navigate TestPrep, a dynamic and fully hosted online assessment tool designed to help nurses prepare for certification examinations by offering case-based questions, detailed rationales, and robust reporting.
- Randomized questions create new exams on each attempt
- Monitors results on practice examinations with score tracking and time on each task
- Reporting tools evaluate progress and results on each attempt
Administered by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) three times a year in April, August, and December, the online application for the December 2012 CCM exam administration is now open. According to CCMC,
- Board-certified case managers number more than 30,000 today
- Board-certified case managers live and work in all 50 states and U.S. territories
- More than 35,000 case managers have earned the CCM since 1992
- The percentage of employers who require board-certification is growing, 36% in 2009 vs. 26% in 2004
- More employers offer additional compensation for board-certification, 27% in 2009 vs. 20% in 2004