Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: An Introduction to Theory and Practice, Second Edition by Patricia G. O'Brien, Winifred Z. Kennedy, and Karen A. Ballard is now available as a CourseSmart eBook.
What makes this text special:
- Features concept maps, including symptom maps and diagnoses, throughout the text
- Includes the most comprehensive nursing diagnoses and care plans and features rationales for all nursing interventions
- Reflects updated information on Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), as published by the American Psychiatric Association
- Emphasizes neurobiology for all disorders to reflect the most recent updates in the field
- Includes a Psychiatric-Mental Health Standards of Nursing Practice Appendix, as well as an Appendix of Common NANDA-I Diagnosis Used in Psychiatric Disorders
- Accompanied by a robust Companion Website, featuring NCLEX Review Questions, Additional Case Studies, Critical Thinking Questions, and more
- Presents the information and values essential to the development of the targeted knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs) for the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies designed for use in the pre-licensure level of nursing education
Request a complimentary review copy for adoption consideration in your nursing course.