The Doody’s Review Service review is in for Forensic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice, Second Edition by Rita Hammer, Barbara Moynihan, and Elaine M. Pagliaro. According to Anna Jarrett, PhD, CNS, ACNP, BC, Washington Regional Medical Center,
"The illustrations and appendixes are the best parts of the book, including as they do assessment tools for specific populations, important information about photography, and a comprehensive list of Internet resources. The book is a nice reference for any nurse wishing to pursue forensic nursing."
About the Text
- Interdisciplinary and holistic in approach
- Emphasizes collaborative practice and skill in caring for victims of violence and disaster
- Focuses on how specific topics relate to forensic nursing
- Examines human trafficking, sexual predators targeting children through the Internet, and elder abuse.
- Explores workplace violence, cyber-bullying, and new developments in the field of biological evidence and DNA analysis
- Accompanied by a Companion Website, full of learning activities and study tools for students
ISBN-13: 978-0-7637-9200-8 | Paperback | 524 pages | © 2013