Anita Finkelman, MSN, RN, Northeastern University
Carole Kenner, PhD, RNC-NIC, FAAN, Northeastern University
Paperback, 575 pages, © 2013
Available January 13, 2012
Professional Nursing Concepts: Competencies for Quality Leadership, Second Edition takes a patient-centered, traditional approach to the topic of nursing education and professional development. This dynamic text engages students in recognizing the critical role that nurses play in healthcare delivery, and focuses on the five core competencies for health professions as determined by the Institute of Medicine (IOM).
Request your complimentary review copy today! (We'll send you a copy as soon as it's available!)
- Contains new information on healthcare reform and nursing implications
- Integrates evidence-based practice and management throughout the text
- Includes content on the Institute of Medicine report The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (2011)
- Incorporates content on the American Nurses Association (ANA) Principles for Documentation
- Features words of wisdom from practicing nurses to help students understand how their education and training will prepare them for their work as a nurse
- Includes two new chapters: Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, and Illness: A Community Perspective, and The Future: Transformation of Nursing Practice Through Leadership
- Accompanied by a fantastic Companion Website full of online learning tools to enhance the student experience!