Barbara Montgomery Dossey, RN, PhD, FAAN, AHN-BC, Director, Holistic Nursing Consultants, International Co-Director, Nightingale Initiative for Global Health
Lynn Keegan, RN, PhD, FAAN, AHN-BC, Director, Holistic Nursing Consultants
Paperback, 950 pages, © 2013
Available March 15, 2012
"This evolving work has become the primary source for holistic nursing in the world."
-Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN_BC, FAAN, Distinguished Professor of Nursing, Murchison-Scoville Endowed Chair in Caring Science, University of Colorado Denver
Published in cooperation with the American Holistic Nursing Association (AHNA), this newly revised edition is organized by the five core values of holistic nursing contained within the AHNA and continues to be the market-leader in holistic nursing.
- Chapters are revised and updated by current and new contributors
- Chapters begin with Nurse Healer Objectives that are divided into theoretical, clinical, and personal subject areas
- Chapters conclude with Directions for Future Research to generate interest in relevant research topics
- Chapters contain Nurse Healer Reflections to encourage readers to reflect on the subject matter that they learned in each chapter
- Definitions, case studies, lists, and poems are included throughout the chapter to guide readers through each subject area
Request your complimentary review copy today! (We'll send you a copy as soon as it's available!)
Companion Website Coming Soon!
A full suite of online learning tools will accompany the book on the forthcoming Companion Website:
- Interactive Glossary will allow students to search for key terms and their definitions alphabetically or by chapter.
- Crossword Puzzles will include terms from the book to reinforce concepts and keywords.
- Flashcards will provide a definition and ask for the key term—the student then submits the answer.
- Nurse Healer Objectives will be divided into theoretical, clinical, and personal subject areas and included for every chapter.
- Case Studies will present realistic nursing education situations that students will potentially encounter. The questions following each case study help them analyze the situation.
- Nurse Healer Reflections will encourage readers to reflect on the subject matter that they learned in each chapter.
- Authors' Podcasts will allow readers to listen to the author discuss material presented in the book, helping them to digest the material in a new way.