Peace and Power: New Directions for Building Community, Eighth Edition
Peggy L. Chinn, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emerita, University of Connecticut, Connecticut
Paperback, 150 pages, © 2013
Available January 15, 2012
Based on her extensive experience in classrooms, committees, and workshops, author and nurse educator Peggy Chinn illustrates how every participant in a group can be valued as a leader in Peace and Power: New Directions for Building Community, Eighth Edition. This is the essential hands-on guide for developing cooperative group processes and overcoming the habits of exclusionary group interactions.
- Proposes how to create group interactions using a more equitable model and advocates reasons for doing so
- Shows how to build meaningful relationships through a nurturing and empowering leadership method
- Illustrates how every person can be powerful and contribute to a group in ways that are often overlooked when the group depends on one engaging leader
- Inspires ways of incorporating peaceful value into work, home, and community
- Compares familiar traditional values of hierarchical institutions and groups and explains modern values for community building
- Provides an introduction to each chapter that highlights the values upon which the chapter builds
- Highlights key elements of group interaction that promote greater group integrity and cooperation
Request your complimentary review copy today! (We'll send you a copy as soon as it's available!)
About the Author
Peggy L. Chinn, RN, PhD, FAAN is Professor Emerita of Nursing at the University of Connecticut. She is the founding Editor of Advances in Nursing Science. She has been involved in community organizations and projects throughout her adult life, focusing on services for women and support for women's arts. Her current focus for activism is the Nurse Manifest Project, a web-based project to inspire grass-roots action by nurses to shape the future of nursing and health care.