Earlier this month, the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) declared August to be National Breastfeeding Month. To commemorate this special month, here are just a few recent studies, programs, and champions of breastfeeding awareness and advocacy:
- New study: breastfeeding reduces risk of asthma
- HHS announces new guidelines to aid breastfeeding mothers
- Institute of Medicine report recommends breastfeeding to avert childhood obesity
- First Lady Advocates for Breastfeeding Mothers
- IRS Now Offering Tax Breaks to Breastfeeding Mothers
As National Breastfeeding Month comes to a close, we wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the lactation consultants who support and educate new mothers on the benefits of breastfeeding. Jones & Bartlett Learning is your partner in providing the best breastfeeding care. Check out some of our recent books and our newly revised online course, Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
We would love to hear what you’ve been doing to celebrate National Breastfeeding Month. Post your comments below.