Jones & Bartlett Learning is pleased to announce the recent publication of:
Mary de Chesnay, DSN, PMHCNS-BC, FAAN, Professor, WellStar School of Nursing, Kennesaw State University
Barbara A. Anderson, DrPH, CNM, FACNM, FAAN, Director, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Frontier Nursing University
ISBN-13: 978-1-4496-3592-3 | Paperback | 594 pages | © 2012
Within an expanding field of study in both undergraduate and graduate nursing curricula, Caring for the Vulnerable: Perspectives in Nursing Theory, Practice, and Research, Third Edition explores vulnerability from the perspective of individuals, groups, communities, and populations while addressing how vulnerability affects nurses, nursing, and nursing care. This new edition presents a basic structure for caring for the vulnerable with the ultimate goal of providing culturally competent care. Sample Chapter 1
Theoretical and research chapters progress towards others offering meaningful learning experiences for both nursing students and practitioners. Further, since nurses are the crucial link between those who are vulnerable and those with access to solutions, this text provides ideas for how nurses might advocate for the vulnerable on a policy level.
Are you an Instructor? Contact your Account Specialist to request a review copy. Ask about the accompanying Instructor Manual.
Written specifically for nurses by nurses, Caring for the Vulnerable: Perspectives in Nursing Theory, Practice, and Research, Third Edition is a timely and necessary response to the culturally diverse, vulnerable populations for whom nurses must provide appropriate and precise care.
- Advocacy: Role of Providers
- Theories of “Mothering” in HIV-Infected Mothers
- Using Self-Efficacy Theory to Help Vulnerable Women Breastfeed
- Sample Qualitative Research Proposal: Childhood Obesity in Latino Families
- Sample Quantitative Research Proposal: Effect of Video-Based Education on Knowledge and Perceptions of Risk for Breast Cancer Genes BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 in Urban Latino Populations
- Life Histories: Affluent Adolescents and Substance Abuse
- Mobile Clinics as Outreach to the Underserved
- “Staying with HIV/AIDS: A Compressed Ethnography of Zambian Women"
- Health Systems and Human Resources for Health: New Dimensions in Global Health Nursing
- Navy Nurses: Vulnerable People Caring for Vulnerable Populations
- Ethics of End-of-Life Care
- The "SamfieMan" Revisited
Visit our website for more information and to order or request Caring for the Vulnerable: Perspectives in Nursing Theory, Practice, and Research, Third Edition.
Have you reviewed this text already? We would love to hear your feedback!