For well over a decade, Americans have continuously rated nursing as the most ethical profession. The highly regarded Nursing Ethics and Professional Responsibility in Advanced Practice, Third Edition by Pamela J. Grace has remained a key resource to teach students about the ethical issues faced by advanced practice nurses giving front-line care. In fact, it just received a 5 star review.
According to Kathleen M. Woodruff, DNP, RN, ANP-BC, from the USC School of Social Work, writing for Doody's Review Service, the text is,
“…the only comprehensive book focused on ethical issues in the area of advanced practice nursing. It is an up-to-date reference [that’s] essential to the education of novice advanced practice nurses."
Beginning from a foundation of nursing practice, the text guides students in developing ethical decision-making skills they can apply to a range of circumstances, from everyday issues to complex dilemmas.
New to the Third Edition:
- Expanded content on how nurses can alleviate moral distress and enhance their moral agency in decision making
- Additional content on social justice, including advocacy for vulnerable populations and global issues
- Explores the role of interprofessional ethics
- New content on men's health issues and substance abuse
- Expanded content on gerontological issues
- Focus on perioperative and CRNA issues
Are you interested in learning more? Visit our website.