Understanding basic statistical techniques is a skill that nurses need in a variety of roles. What's more, evaluating the literature and determining evidence-based practices requires a working knowledge of statistics. Statistics for Nursing: A Practical Approach, Third Edition by Elizabeth Heavey provides just that statistical background that students need not only to enter the nursing profession but also to advance within it.
The text presents introductory statistical techniques within a clinical nursing context and gives students the opportunity to apply their knowledge using review questions as they learn. It also covers the 10 most commonly seen statistical techniques in nursing literature, along with more advanced concepts, such as regression analysis.
New to the Third Edition:
- New research application articles, more clinically-based explanations and application exercises, and newly developed graphic content
- IBM SPSS Statistics video tutorials
- Updated lesson content for computer application exercises
- Navigate 2 Advantage Access
- Instructor resources include additional resources, answers to in-text questions, slides, and a test bank
Would you like to learn more? Visit our website.