Patients who undergo cardiac surgery require specialized care and critical care nurses are crucial to their postoperative recovery and health. The new third edition of Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing is an indispensable resource for new and experienced nurses caring for patients in critical care units prior to and immediately following cardiac surgery and in the transitioning to home.
With an evidence-based foundation, it addresses nursing knowledge to meet the needs of acutely ill patients and strategies to optimizing patient outcomes in this dynamic field. Published in partnership with the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing, Third Edition is a must-have reference for all nurses caring for acute and critically ill patients and an ideal resource to help prepare nurses who plan to take the Cardiac Surgery Certification (CSC®) sub-specialty exam offered by the AACN.
What makes this book unique?
- Four NEW chapters address nutritional issues, post ICU-care, psychological and spiritual support, and rehabilitation care post-cardiac surgery
- Clinical Inquiry Boxes throughout highlight research findings that have implications for nursing practice
- Case Studies and Critical Thinking Questions promote critical thinking and application of information
- Self-Assessment Questions at the end of each chapter can be used as practice questions to help nurses preparing for the CSC® exam
- Every new print copy includes access to Navigate 2 TestPrep with simulated tests, detailed rationales, and powerful data dashboards
Visit our site to learn more about this must-have reference.