Read an excerpt from the review:
"...the quality of this book is excellent..." - Carol E Agana, MNSc, RNP, APRN, University of Arkansas
Updated annually, 2018 Nurse’s Drug Handbook provides accurate and timely facts on hundreds of drugs from A-Z. Written in a no-nonsense style, it offers concise and consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically.
The 2018 Nurse’s Drug Handbook includes:
- Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names
- Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category, and controlled substance schedule
- Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
- Incompatibilities and contraindications
- Interactions with drugs, food, and activities
- Adverse reactions
- Nursing considerations, including key teaching points for patients
- Mechanism-of-action illustrations
- Warnings and precautions
New drugs include: bezlotoximab (Zinplava), brivaracetam (Briviact), daclizumab (Zinbryta), ixekizumab (Taltz), lixisenatide (Adlyxin), obiltoxaximab (Anthim), phentermine (Adipex-P), plecanatide (Trulance), prasterone (Intrarosa), and reslizumab (Cinqair).