Given that medical errors are a leading cause of hospital deaths in the United States, it’s never been more important to improve quality of care. Anita Finkelman’s Quality Improvement: A Guide for Integration in Nursing is a comprehensive resource for teaching practicing nurses and nursing students about the importance of improving patient care and reducing errors through quality improvement (QI).
Here are five reasons to adopt this innovative text:
- Examines the need for improved care by engaging students in the entire QI process
- Clarifies often confusing QI terminology and technology, including roles and responsibilities, goal setting, and data analysis
- Emphasizes the importance of nursing leadership in compliance with recommendations from the National Academy of Medicine (formerly IOM)
- Focuses on the current state of healthcare quality, such as critical trends in preventing errors, data, analysis, and planning and implementing change
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools
Visit our website to learn more or watch a webinar with the author: