Carolyn Buppert's Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide, Sixth Edition is a must-have resource for every new or current nurse practitioner (NP) that explains and analyzes the legal issues relevant to nurse practitioners.
- Completely updated and revised content, with a new chapter on answering frequently asked questions from NPs
- Provides the latest state-by-state laws, including regulatory developments and prosecutions of nurse practitioners, new case analyses, and lessons learned from those cases
- New discussions of NP competencies, how the DNP degree relates to NPs, the differences in primary care and acute care NPs, and definitions of medical bio-ethics terminology
- Additional malpractice cases and the lessons to learn from them, emerging issues in health policy, and guidelines around prescribing opioids and controlled drugs
- Examines clinical performance measures, electronic health records, and new opportunities for NPs under the Affordable Care Act