Over the past few years, we've seen significant change in nursing education due to the call for Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) preparation. As a result, many institutions are rushing to implement their programs. The just published The Doctor of Nursing Practice: A Guidebook for Role Development and Professional Issues, Fourth Edition by Lisa Astalos Chism provides a comprehensive look at the role and career development for DNP students and professionals.
With a conversational tone that students will find helpful well beyond graduation, it presents historical and current data related to the DNP degree and explores the challenges and opportunities inherent in the BSN-to-DNP degree pathway. Throughout the text, interviews with DNP-prepared nurses illustrate situations graduates may encounter, while personal anecdotes shared by the author reflect on her experiences integrating the DNP essentials into practice.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- New chapter featuring stories about the art of translating the essentials into practice
- New chapter about writing as a DNP
- Discussion of the revised IPEC Core Competencies and the AACN’s 2015 white paper on the DNP scholarly project
- Updated interviews and suggested group activities
- Exploration of current issues related to DNP certification
Learn more and preview a sample chapter at our website.