Today marks the beginning of National Public Health Week (NPWH), a nationwide initative to raise awareness for the importance of public health. NPWH also celebrates "the power of prevention, advocating for healthy and fair policies, sharing strategies for successful partnerships, and championing the role of a strong public health system."
This year's theme is "Healthiest Nation 2030: Creating the Healthiest Nation in One Generation." Learn more about the Generation Public Health movement:
Here are some ways to support NPHW:
- Build a nation of safe, healthy communities
- Help all young people graduate from high school
- Increase economic mobility
- Achieve social justice and health equity
- Give everyone a choice of safe, healthy food
- Prepare for the health effects of climate change
Jones & Bartlett Learning proudly celebrates public health this and every week. To learn more about our resources, including the recently published One Health: From AIDS to Zika by Richard Riegelman, MD, MPH, PhD, and Brenda Kirkwood, MPH, DrPH, visit our website.