Regardless of his/her official title, it is imperative in today's health care environment that every professional posses the skills and abilities needed to be an effective leader. Developing future health care leaders requires introducing students to key leadership principles, applications and constructs.
Leadership for Health Professionals: Theory, Skills, & Applications, Third Edition by Gerald (Jerry) R. Ledlow, PhD, MHA, FACHE and James H. Stephens, DHA, FACHE is the first textbook of its kind to apply classical knowledge of leadership theory and time-honored best practices to a health organization context. This comprehensive, well-organized text is grounded in real-world applications of theoretical concepts, focusing on practical examples of leadership in actual healthcare scenarios.
Key Updates to the Third Edition include:
• 35 New Mini Case Studies with Suggested Answers for Instructors
• 9 Leadership in Practice Cases
• New Industry Macro-Model
• New Leadership Competency Domain Model for Healthcare Leadership
• New Assignments on Value-Based Purchasing (MACRA) System
• New Interprofessional Team Model (Chapter 8)
• New Chapter on Leadership and Informatics Strategy: The 4 Ps of Health Analytics
• Navigate 2 Advantage Access
Learn more at go.jblearning.com/Ledlow3e