Just Published: Patient Assessment in Pharmacy: A Culturally Competent
Patient Assessment in Pharmacy: A Culturally Competent is now available.
Patient Assessment in Pharmacy: A Culturally Competent Edition by Yolanda M. Hardy prepares pharmacy students to assess patients from a variety of cultural and ethnic groups in a culturally appropriate manner. This text establishes the importance of culturally competent care as well as the process for conducting a patient’s history and interview by using a practical approach. With an emphasis on medical conditions that may have higher prevalence in certain cultural groups, later chapters focus on specific organ systems and common medical conditions that a pharmacist may encounter. Each chapter includes a review of the clinical presentation of disease, questions to ask during the patient interview, and physical assessment techniques used to further assess the state of the disease.
- Navigate Companion Website, including: eBook, Knowledge Checks, End-of-Chapter Graded Quizzes, Study Tools, Interactive Flashcards, Practice Activities, Lesson Quizzes, Midterm, and Final
- Addresses key issues such as cultural health disparities and clinical presentation of condition in various cultural and ethnic groups
- Includes full-color photos depicting how conditions present for different groups
- Chapters organized by body system
- Includes culturally competent interview and physical examination techniques
Instructor’s Manual, including a Sample Syllabus, Lecture Outlines in PowerPoint Format, Learning Objectives, and Test Bank