As an aspiring medical laboratory technician, Introduction to Diagnostic Microbiology for the Laboratory Sciences is the all-in-one resource necessary for you to develop a foundation in microbiology. A must-have text for students as well as a helpful reference for practitioners, it reviews the microorganisms most commonly encountered in clinical settings and clearly explains basic laboratory procedures.
While this text provides a concise overview of topics it also facilitates comprehension with learning objectives, case studies, key terms, and review questions. Furthermore, Introduction to Diagnostic Microbiology for the Laboratory Sciences includes laboratory exercises eliminating the need for a separate laboratory manual.
This accessible and comprehensive textbook prepares students for a career in laboratory science by covering content required in the MLT curriculum and featured on the ASCP certification exam. In addition to being on the recommended reading list to prepare for the ASCP MLT exam (American Society for Clinical Pathology, Medical Laboratory Technician exam), Introduction to Diagnostic Microbiology for the Laboratory Sciences also:
- Reviews the microorganisms most important in clinical practice
- Explains basic laboratory procedures, such as specimen collection and staining
- Includes laboratory exercises in the text–no need for a separate manual
- Serves as a helpful on-the-job reference for laboratory practitioners
- Provides practice questions to help students prepare for the medical technology certification exam
- Includes an extensive suite of Instructor Resources: Image Bank with 272 photos/illustrations, Lecture Outlines in PowerPoint Format, Test Bank with 450 multiple choice questions and an exam with 225 questions.