Are you looking for an online simulated training program to introduce students to electronic health records? Join us on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 3:30pm EST or Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at noon EST for a webinar demonstration of Simulated Health Records Simplified, the EHR Learning Portal created and hosted by DataWeb, Inc.
Simulated Health Records Simplified is a cloud-based EHR (Electronic Health Record) simulation that allows students access to four different pre-set roles within an ambulatory care setting. Students assume each role to learn all aspects of an EHR, and work with patient data to each role’s ability and permission level. Unique in its approach, it provides two seemingly dichotomous functions giving a consistent role-based user experience for all students completing a class assignment while simultaneously giving students the ability to interact with their own patients’ records.
Register for the webinar on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 3:30pm EST or Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at noon EST to discover how students will gain an understanding of how their interactions with each of these major roles impacts Meaningful Use reporting:
- Office Receptionist: Records a patient’s personal and payer information and checks in a patient for an appointment.
- Certified Nursing or Medical Assistant: Records a patient’s vital signs for an encounter (appointment) and other medical history.
- Doctor/Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant: Records and codes a patient’s medical procedure history and creates and signs notes and orders.
- Practice Manager: Reviews patient records for billing/payer purposes.
You’ll also learn about:
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
- Diagnoses based on ICD-9CM
- Active Medication, Allergy and Immunization List
- Security features based on DOCPM
- Use of Drug/Drug Interaction Alerts
- Secure storage of health information
- Doctor’s Desk Top and other efficiencies
- Electronic Signature
- Reporting Student Performance Measures for the Instructor
- Meets many of the Meaningful Use Criteria as established in the 2009 HITECH Act