Now available through CourseSmart in Public Health
- Riegelman, Public Health 101 (http://www.coursesmart.com/9780763782276)
Provides a big-picture, population perspective on the determinants of health and disease and the tools available to protect and promote health.
- Schneider, Introduction to Public Health, 3e (http://www.coursesmart.com/9780763794064)
Offers a thorough, accessible overview of the expanding field of public health for students new to its concepts and actors.
- Turnock, Essentials of Public Health, 2e (http://coursesmart.com/9781449636272)
Focuses on the inner-workings of health departments and the role of public health professionals.
Published in partnership with the American Public Health Association.
Now available through CourseSmart in Allied Health
- Hess, Respiratory Care: Principles and Practice, 2e (http://coursesmart.com/9781449634681)
Doody’s Review: 5 stars!
Presents a complete and up to date exploration of the technical & professional aspects of respiratory care with foundations in evidence-based practice, this essential resource reviews respiratory assessment, respiratory therapeutics, respiratory diseases, basic sciences and their application to respiratory care, the respiratory care profession, and much more.
- Pozgar, Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals, 2e (http://www.coursesmart.com/9780763772888)
Draws on contemporary topics presented with a real-world perspective to help readers develop the critical thinking skills they will need for the moral decisions they will encounter on the job in the health care environment.
- Abood, Pharmacy Practice and the Law, 6e (http://www.coursesmart.com/9781449600792)
Provides background, history and discussion of the law, enabling students to learn the facts and also understand, apply and critically evaluate the information.