Dan Chiras once again offers a refreshing and student-friendly introduction to the structure, function, health, and homeostasis of the human body in a modernized ninth edition of Human Biology. This acclaimed text features a new chapter dedicated to the integumentary system as well as new sections covering evolution, injuries and diseases of the muscles, the pineal gland, and more. New information on GMOs, immunotherapy, vertigo, brain diseases, new cancer treatments, and more thought-provoking discussions encourage students to think critically about timely and relevant information that affects their lives. The logical organization, relatable topics, and outstanding pedagogical features, make Human Biology, Ninth Edition a fun and engaging learning experience.
New & Popular Features:
- NEW chapter on the integumentary system added based on popular demand
- NEW chapter opening learning objectives guide students’ focus
- NEW stunning interior design with over 250 NEW or REVISED illustrations, photos, and tables make difficult concepts easier to grasp
- NEW discussions on how evolution works, domains and kingdoms, cool laser fat removal, bone formation and elongation, hearing loss, sciatica, hernias and hernia repair, hormone action at the cellular level, and many more!
- Separate chapters covering the skeletal system and the muscular system allow for more important information, including muscle groups and diseases of muscle and bone
- HealthTips and HealthNotes in every chapter offer tips and advice for healthy living derived from the latest scientific research
- A Closer Look feature dives deep into three contemporary topics: AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, and Understanding Cancer
- Three bonus chapters covering Infectious Disease, Evolution, and Ecology are available online within the eBook, offering the flexibility to include these topics in a course
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook with engaging animations and three bonus chapters not found in the printed text, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.