Jones & Bartlett Learning is excited to offer Custom CodeLab with the recently published Third Editions of the best-selling text Java Illuminated. Furthermore, access to this outstanding learning tool is free with new copies of the text!
CodeLab is a web-based interactive programming exercise service that has been customized to accompany each text. It provides over 300 short exercises, each focused on a particular programming idea or language construct. The student types in code and the system immediately judges its correctness, offering hints when the submission is incorrect. Through this process, the student gains mastery over the semantics, syntax and common usage of the language elements.
Give Your Students a hands-on learning experience with CodeLab!
CodeLab is a learning tool for the student:
- Provides over 300 exercises customized to match the organization of the text.
- The exercises are graduated to reinforce the concepts learned in previous exercises.
- Provides instant feedback and hints on each submission, including compiler errors and logical errors, to help your students overcome any learning obstacle.
- Students' work is automatically saved for later reference.
Save classroom time teaching the basics of java programming!
CodeLab is customizable to fit your needs for your course:
- Customize the submission preferences to fit your course, including date/time exercise is due, number of submissions accepted, time student spends on each exercise, etc.
- Change the names of the exercises, make new exercises, and create new topics, to fit your course and your schedule.
- Track your students' success with the roster feature. This helps you see as a whole, where your students need further instruction.
- Send your CodeLab roster of student submissions straight to your gradebook!
Preview a Demo of CodeLab Today!
See CodeLab in action with Java Illuminated: An Active Learning Approach, Third Edition (also available in a Brief Edition). A Jones & Bartlett demonstration site is available at jblearning.turingscraft.com.
Custom CodeLab is also available (free access with new copy of course!) with An Introduction to Programming Using Java, by Anthony J. Dos Reis.