The math is in, and Clinical Nursing Calculations by Susan Sienkiewicz and Jennifer F. Palmunen just earned a perfect score of 100 and 5 stars from Doody's Review Service. Carol Agana, MNSc, CNP, APRN, from the University of Arkansas, writing for Doody's Review Service, raves that it is,
“…an excellent book that I would recommend to undergraduate students [and] to nurses in a hospital, clinic, or other healthcare setting, who should have it available as a reference.”
Clinical Nursing Calculations is an essential text for teaching dosage calculation to undergraduate nursing students. Using the CASE approach, a step-by-step method for performing dosage calculations, it features all three methods for calculation side-by-side, making it tremendously helpful for students who struggle with math or need a refresher.
Clinical Nursing Calculations covers key topic areas, such as mathematics overview, principles of medication administration, basic dosage and intravenous calculations, and advanced calculations, In addition, it features expanded content on nutrition, insulin pen calculations, and the legal implications of medication administration.
- Follows the Joint Commission and the Institute for Safe Medication Practice guidelines
- Uses examples in both the electronic medication administration record (eMAR) and electronic health record format
- Ideal as a primary text for a dosage calculation course or as a supplemental text within a nursing program or pharmacology course
- Includes NCLEX®-style review questions
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools