In a world heavily influenced by popular forensic television dramas, the real-life duties and complexities involved in crime scene investigation are often misrepresented and misunderstood. An Introduction to Crime Scene Investigation, Third Edition is a comprehensive and accurate overview of the practical application of forensic science in crime scene investigation.
Focusing on the day-to-day aspects, this full-color text describes the methodologies and technologies employed by crime scene personnel, and pushes the reader to identify the interrelated components of the investigative process. The updated Third Edition covers components not typically found in many crime scene texts, including ethical considerations and public misconceptions of the investigative process—the so-called “CSI Effect.”
- PRICE and VALUE—by far the best and most affordable crime scene investigation text on the market
- High-quality art and images—with over 250 detailed, full-color photos and figures
- Abundance of pedagogical features—the popular Ripped from the Headlines, View from an Expert, and Case in Point boxes have been updated and modernized
- Packed with applicable case studies that promote student interest and engagement
- Accuracy—provides a "day in the life" depiction of crime scene personnel, describing the methodologies and techniques employed
- Up-to-date with the latest NIST OSAC updates and suggestions (also included as an appendix)
- Real-world practicality—content complies with the International Association for Identification (IAI) certification requirements and with the recently released federal guidance, "Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for Law Enforcement" (also included as an appendix)
- Global perspective with cases, information, and photos/figures that draw from the author's significant international experience
- Navigate eBook Access—study anytime, anywhere, with full interactivity!
- Navigate 2 Advantage Access comes FREE with purchase of a new print copy and unlocks engaging and robust student and instructor resources