Now in an updated third edition, Violent Offenders: Theory, Research, Policy, and Practice continues to lead with cutting-edge material on all types of violent offenders, including gangs, serial killers, sex offenders, career criminals, and conventional street criminals. The Third Edition also features six new chapters on current highly-debated topics including violent juvenile offenders, sexual offenders as well as sex offending policy and practice, and more thought-provoking discussions. This engaging text challenges students to think critically of the subject not only while inside the classroom, but also in their everyday lives as consumers of daily news.
Here are 10 reasons to adopt Violent Offenders, Third Edition:
- Cutting-Edge - Features six NEW chapters on current highly-debated topics
- Current - Up-to-date with the latest research across multiple related fields including criminology, sociology, psychology, and public policy
- Trusted - Features original scholarship from an impressive list of applied and academic criminologists who are international experts on violent offenders
- Relevant - Updated case studies engage students in current content they encounter in news and media
- Comprehensive - Covers all types of violent offenders, including gangs, serial killers, sex offenders, career criminals, and conventional street criminals
- Applied - Hands-on research and practitioner expertise illustrate today’s study of criminal predation
- Accessible - Provides clear explanations of how criminological theory relates to the formation of a criminal offender to help students understand the reasons behind a person’s violent actions
- Engaging - Challenges students to think critically not only while inside the classroom, but also in their everyday lives as consumers of daily news
- Supportive - Instructor resources include a comprehensive Test Bank and Lecture Slides in PowerPoint format
- Customizable - Create your own unique text or eBook aligned with your syllabus and course objectives! Arrange chapters in any order with as much or as little as required to meet your course objectives. You can even pull chapters from across our content library and upload your own content.