A new edition of Climatology by Robert V. Rohli and Anthony J. Vega will publish June 1, 2017. Praised for its detail and accuracy, Climatology continues to lead as the most comprehensive presentation of our dynamic climate system. The Fourth Edition features a completely revised, full-color art program that enhances clarity and gradation of all maps, climographs, and images to help readers better understand the diversity of climate within varying climate types. The text appeals to all students, as it covers the basics of atmospheric science in the early chapters and provides the breadth and depth of topics to challenge the more experienced reader. Climatology, Fourth Edition aims to improve students’ communication skills, encourage critical-thinking, and invoke a sense of social responsibility, making it the clear choice in this rapidly developing science.
- NEW full-color interior design greatly improves clarity of all maps, climographs, and images to better illustrate important data
- Without the use of calculus, quantitative treatment is included where necessary to provide students with detailed explanation of the processes discussed and needed at this upper level
- Features expanded coverage of Limitations of Model Results, teleconnection patterns and interaction between these patterns, past climate- dendrochronology and palynology, drought, and more
- Presents evidence-based, contemporary information and data
- Topics are carefully explained and supported with proper examples and analogies to assist readers in analyzing and retaining key concepts
- Every new print copy is packaged with access to the Navigate Companion Website containing study questions and hands-on activities
- Instructor resources include Lecture Slides in PowerPoint format, an Image Bank, and a comprehensive Test Bank containing more than 1,000 exam questions