An updated Fourth Edition of Research Methods for Criminology and Criminal Justice is now available and is perfect for upper-level undergraduate or graduate Qualitative and Quantitative Methodology courses. This new text clearly explains the basics of social science research using a simple and easy-to-understand approach. The essentials to a foundational understanding of criminal justice research methods are all there, including scientific theory, research language, and research design. The Fourth Edition features updated case studies and numerous revisions to topics such as sampling, research design, quantitative and qualitative research studies, data collection, and data analysis. Conducting research should not be a daunting chore. Research Methods for Criminology and Criminal Justice makes the task of learning how to conduct research understandable, enjoyable, and applicable to the criminal justice topics students are most interested in.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- The chapters covering research design have been reorganized for a more reader-friendly format
- NEW Application Exercises within each chapter provide a real-world scenario and challenge students to apply the newly learned concepts and processes
- NEW Research Exercises guide students through developing their own research while incorporating the use of real-world resources, such as research articles or government reports
- Definitions within the text have been clarified and expanded
- The addition of a Glossary helps students comprehend key terms and prepare for quizzes and exams
Visit our site to Learn more about the new Fourth Edition of Research Methods for Criminology and Criminal Justice and to request a review copy for course adoption consideration.