The classic textbook Understanding Viruses, combines molecular, clinical, and historical aspects of human viral diseases in a new stunning interior design featuring high quality art that will engage readers. Preparing students for their careers, the Third Edition greatly expands on molecular virology and virus families. This practical text also includes the latest information on influenza, global epidemiology statistics, and the recent outbreaks of Zika and Ebola viruses to keep students on the forefront of cutting-edge virology information. Numerous case studies and feature boxes illuminate fascinating research and historical cases stimulate student interest, making the best-selling Understanding Viruses the clear choice in virology.
- PRICE and VALUE—by far the best and most affordable virology text on the market.
- NEW Animations that entertain and educate!
- Up-to-date with the latest research and global news on viruses, including the recent Ebola virus crisis and Zika virus outbreak.
- Classic textbook design for a higher-level course.
- High-quality art and images—with over 500 NEW or revised photos and illustrations.
- Packed with 72 Case Studies that promote student interest and engagement
- Abundance of pedagogical features—the popular Virus Files and Refresher boxes have been updated and modernized.
- BONUS Ebola Virus case study—fully illustrated case study (added as an appendix) on the recent Ebola virus outbreak including over 50 study questions and a complete reference list
- Navigate eBook Access—study anytime, anywhere, with full interactivity!
- Navigate 2 Advantage Access comes FREE with purchase of a new print copy and unlocks engaging and robust student and instructor resources.
Visit Jones & Bartlett Learning to learn more and download sample content of Understanding Virology, Third Edition.