The best-selling Botany: An Introduction to Plant Biology by Jim Mauseth continues to set the standard for the fundamentals of plant science in an updated sixth edition. No botany text better connects structure to function and does so with higher quality art and imagery. Combining strong scientific grounding with an approachable writing style, Botany teaches and engages.
See why you should adopt Botany: An Introduction to Plant Biology, Sixth Edition for your plant biology course.
- PRICE and VALUE—by far the best and most affordable botany text on the market
- NEW Animations that entertain and educate! (see one for yourself)
- Forward-thinking with NEW chapters on Ethnobotany and Community Ecology
- Connects structure to function with a clear and understandable writing style
- High-quality art and images—with 1,500 photos and illustrations and over 550 NEW and REVISED figures
- Abundance of pedagogical features—the popular Botany and Beyond, Plants and People, Alternatives, and Plants Do Things Differently boxes, and the newly added Did You Know? and At the Next Level boxes
- NEW Audio Pronunciations help students with words such as xylem, allele, and Rosacea
- Navigate eBook Access—study anytime, anywhere, with full interactivity!
- Navigate 2 Advantage Access comes FREE with purchase of a new print copy and unlocks engaging and robust student and instructor resources
- Bundle Botany: A Lab Manual, Sixth Edition, for only $10 more! Enjoy this full-color, spiral bound manual featuring hands-on activities, case studies, and image labeling activities